Value Added
I had THE conversation with my boss today...the career development one I was supposed to have right before Labor Day weekend. I was straight with him about my disappointment at not getting the promotion a few months back, and I essentially told him that I don't feel the company is appropriately valuing my skills nor compensating me at the level I deserve. He said he understood where I was coming from and he'd work on getting it worked out and get me a transfer. I'm still not sure if I can trust him, but considering that folks are resigning left, right, and center, the company's going to need good engineers right now. He told me he was afraid I was resigning because I have my son in school in FL and he knew before this storm hit that I hated LA schools and had had it with hurricanes. He was relieved that I'm not resigning, and said he agrees that I've paid my dues & that its time for me to get the bump. He mentioned my former boss (the one who originally hired me) and that he would talk to her. It seems interesting to me that she's still pulling the strings even though she's working from corporate now. I would've thought that one sister to another would try to help you out, but now I see there's no value added to being a sister trying to make it when a sister's trying to protect herself. The true value was having the conversation at all. We'll just see what my boss's word is worth, 'cause I ain't tryin' to have no bullshit added to my plate.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home