Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So Tired

I am JUST getting home from work and I am SO tired! I was very productive, but I spent a better part of the last 9 hours talking to people. It's amazing how much energy is exchanged when talking and how depleted I feel when interacting with less than positive folks or when less than positive topics are the subject of conversation.

A couple of days ago, I shared with my ex-boyfriend that sometimes I just like to be alone. I get tired (mentally) from the exchange of interacting with people. I told him that I often withdraw without explaining that I am in need of "my time". I told him that I knew it might seem cold (and he remarked that it could be taken that way), but I had to be alone sometimes to recharge...especially when I know I have to deal with draining situations/people. This was something the Norwegian totally understood from day 1.

He quickly observed that I am a giver. I told him that I know I'm a giver (but I can take as well), but I don't give what I don't have. I stay in tune with myself and stop giving when I start to feel my energy level drop. I told him, "You can't give what you don't have, so sometimes you just have to turn the phone off, not answer the door, and stop giving until you're refreshed."

I love my friends. I love giving to my friends when I can...but today, I'm just too tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home