Friday, July 22, 2005

Youth

Youth is wasted on the young.

I just came home from an early evening out where I was supposed to be listening to an acquaintance of mine perform (she's a singer). Instead, I ended up talking to a couple of complete "strangers" (where I think of strangers as friends you haven't met yet), and now I'm invited to a party this coming Sunday afternoon. All of this because I took my co-worker to the airport this afternoon and stopped by the spot to listen to my acquaintance as a way to pass the time before I went to FedEx to pick up my new European enabled cell phone before my trip.

Youth is wasted on the young. The new accountant from work is going to have to realize she's young before she's able to experience life the way that God intended it...not that I know what that is, but I suspect I know better than she does since I've been in the vicinity of where she is and I spent a great deal of time there before I moved on to a place grounded in joy.

I thank God for the youth that I have, and more importantly for the youth I have left to experience joy the way God intended it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home