Friday, September 16, 2005

A Full House

Today was a full day. The vice president of manufacturing came down along with my former boss and a few others. They were here to get a feel for the destruction that's turned all of our lives upside down. I was assigned to the corporate e-newsletter editor. I acted as the "human icebreaker" to folks who've been affected by the storm. It was a full but busy day.

In the midst of an interview I orchestrated with Paul Mire, my co-worker, who's been featured in a picture that's been printed in magazines around the world (including PEOPLE for this week), I got a phone call from my friend Dom. He had his first chance to see his house in person. He'd originally thought he'd like to sleep there, but I convinced him & his friend Jack to stay at my house. I didn't really remember Jack, but I can say that I have enjoyed his company after Marcelle & Dom went to bed (separately, of course). Dom was thinking we were in the southern hemisphere, but that's a whole 'nother story.

I'm glad to have a house full of folks right now. Having intelligent conversation (in between what to do with my son's lunch money and my sister's surgery, etc.) is nice. I like having a house full of folks. It's nice to be able to share the blessings that've reigned (or rained) down on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home