The Drive Home

I drove home yesterday afternoon & evening. I had to take a detour out of NO because Katrina destroyed the twinspans. Traffic was awful on the northshore. I thought things would be better after leaving LA, but I got to P-cola and it was ridiculous. I couldn't understand why traffic was backed up so much until I got to the Escambia bridge. I'd forgotten that it was knocked out last year due to Ivan. They've errected a temporary one lane metal bridge, and trust me, you don't drive too fast over that thing.
I stopped for gas in Panama City. The gas station had a $35 limit on gasoline. I think this cartoon (which I saw at the credit union this morning) is an appropriate representation of the price I paid for 87 at that gas station: $2.99/gal.

1 Comments:
Cute Cartoon :)
Post a Comment
<< Home