Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Just Like That

I woke up today a different woman than I was yesterday. By some stroke of FM (F^*king Magic, in the words of Carol [my tech friend from work]), I am over Espen...just like that. Maybe it was the last good cry I had last night, maybe it was having finished the Norway blog and knowing it was out there for everyone to see, maybe it was just time...all I know is I'm over whatever went wrong there. I knew it for sure today when I listened to X&Y (the Coldplay cd that Espen played while we played chess by candlelight that one night) and I didn't cry.

There are many things I wanted to share with Espen (especially when I think of our talks about him coming here to the States for a visit), and I'm sorry I won't be able to do that. Still, it's his loss. In his words, I'm "a great girl", and he's missing out not just on a great girl but a great friend. I have a feeling he listened to Petter a little more than he should have, and just like that, he gave up opportunities of a lifetime. It's funny how just like that works...I met him & just like that I was smitten...I went there & just like that he was terrified...I came home & just like that Katrina turned my world upside down...and now, just like that, I'm over him. I wonder (just like that) what God has in store next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home