Friday, October 07, 2005

Seasons Change

Whoa! When did Autumn show up?! Apparently, last night! I guess it's time to break out the sweaters. I've always loved Fall (and not just because that's when my birthday is). The colors, the brisk air, the well balanced lighting of day and night. I know that Winter is next, but I look to the positive...more opportunities to sit in the dark by the fireplace and listen to good music!

Speaking (or writing) of good music, this brings to mind a phrase from John Mayer's song "Something's Missing":

When Autumn comes
it doesn't ask
it just walks in
where it left you last

You never know
when it starts
until there's fog inside the glass around
your smuggled heart.

Something's
Missing
And I don't know how to fix it
Something's
Missing
And I don't know what it is
No, I don't know what it is
At all

I can't be sure that this state of mind is not of my own design
I wish there was an over the counter test
For loneliness
For loneliness like this.

Things are so different now than they were a year ago. Even though I've been through some amazing ups and downs, the change of seasons for me now is a positive instead of the negative they were a year ago. I'm looking forward much more than in the rear view mirror, which is what I did a year ago...forget a year, a season ago. Hindsight really is 20/20 vision, and I have faith in God that the next season change will be just as good if not better than this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home