Indifferent
I just got off the phone with Carlos. I'd called him back after I finished writing Monday night, but I was tired so I told him to call me after 7 today. He asked me what was going on at work (he's on vacation in FL at his grandparents' house) and I asked him if he'd called B.
"His promotion was announced today," I said, thinking he'd pick up on the fact that he can get the same information without calling me.
"No, but we knew that was coming," he cluelessly replied.
I then told him that nothing was going on at work, but I did spend the last few days preparing for my move to IA. He asked me when I go up for my interview & I told him the end of the month. He said the move isn't confirmed yet (he's still holding on to hope that I'm not going), and I reminded him that it's unlikely I won't get the job. After a few niceties (and my polite responses to him blah blah blahing while I quietly wondered why he's still calling me) he said, "Alright. I was just calling. I didn't really want anything." [Duh! Except to see if I'd still talk to you outside of work!] We finally got off the phone after 10 minutes of needless conversation.
I wonder how many more of these conversations we're going to have before he realizes that there's just one word to describe how I feel about him now: indifferent.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home