Spring Cleaning
I spent a better part of the weekend doing spring cleaning. I went through my closet & dresser drawers pulling out clothes for charity. I figure I may as well start now, as it will make packing that much easier. That and I know I'm going to need a new wardrobe when I get to IA (maybe I should ditch my flip flops...I don't think I'll be needing them there).
While doing all this cleaning (which is a very relaxing activity for me), I thought it'd be time to do some mental spring cleaning as well. I grabbed a book I bought several years ago when I was coming off the first long break from Carlos and had first discovered God's Love. I got about half-way through it and did the exercise for life lesson #15. Then I read my responses to the list and decided it's time for me to practice un-learning those fears. I read on through the book and stopped on life lesson #33: "When you let go of unnecessary attachments, you pick up speed in heading toward your true goals." This struck me because Carlos is certainly an unnecessary attachment...and one I want no ties to when I move from here.
But the point of all this was that I remembered a jewel I'd read (heard, whatever) a while back: "You're destiny is never tied to someone that left." 20 years ago, my father left me emotionally when I was 11. Although I didn't understand it then (and that void was a huge contributing factor to many bad relationships afterward), I think I do now. My destiny in love was never tied to my father, it's been tied to my Father! My daddy could never give me what Father always had for me: unconditional Love! And with that I've learned what forgiveness truly is...a spring cleaning for the spirit...and letting go of unnecessary attachments.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home