Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Into The Freezer

I got the call from the HR rep in IA today. Apparently there'd been a miscommunication with my future supervisor and the HR folks thought she'd already talked to me. They're looking at next week for me to come up for my interview. I told the HR rep that with my mom's situation (she had surgery this past Monday and has since developed pneumonia) I have a trip to FL planned for this weekend, and I have my vacation in Paris planned for later in the following week, so I'm leaning towards either doing it early the following week or waiting until the week after vacation. She shared that they're really excited about having me come up there and they're willing to wait for me since "it is an environmental engineering job in [insert city name here], IA". Essentially, they know it's a difficult position to fill.

I'm planning on using this as a bargaining chip for more money. For one, I'll be needing a new wardrobe (I'm a FL girl who hasn't lived in a cold climate since I was 5). Two, as she said, "it is an environmental engineering job in [insert city name here], IA". Finally, it's not a promotion, so they're going to have to offer more to entice me into the freezer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home