B.O.
I had a sort of "company bitch" moment today. I invited B. & not-so-new cost accountant to Fox & Hound this evening to watch basketball. Cost accountant quickly accepted and later I received an out of office reply from the buyer I didn't invite. When B. didn't reply (which I knew he wouldn't), Cost accountant called me to back out. "Would it be okay if we didn't go this evening?" "Sure," I said. "Why wouldn't it?"
"Because when you say you're going to do something, you should do it."
I already knew where she was going with that comment so I threw out a Don Carlos reply, "Yeah, but with social stuff it doesn't really matter." The truth is, I'm very prompt & once it's on my calendar, it's going to happen. If it's not on my calendar...no guarantees!
So later, I stopped by her desk and asked, "You've got B.O.?"
"Do I stink?" she asks.
"No, do you have a better offer for this evening?"
Then she goes into this long drawn out blah, blah, blah about how she really has to clean her house yada, yada, yada. I'm eyeing her as she digs herself in deeper, knodding profusely, smirk slowly creeping onto my face. Yup. Her day is coming.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home