The FCC Ruling
This morning my boss called me into his office to tell me they've decided on an engineer in Iowa for the position at corporate. He told me they're looking at me to fill her role there. Basically, I'm moving to IA.
I'm very hesitant about taking the job, but I know that if I don't I'm going to have to find employment elsewhere. I know my ex-husband won't move to IA, but it should be a temporary move...a stepping stone to the corporate position I really want. My boss is selling it as an opportunity to really demonstrate my engineering ability. I'm not thrilled about the climate (damn it's cold there!), and when it comes to the social scene, let's just say I've lived there before, so I know there's nothing there. Still, the schools are good, which will put my son in a better educational system. And finally, I'll be away from Carlos and I'll feel free to date without the shadow of our retarded relationship.
So I shared all of this with my ex-boyfriend (the good one, who works at corporate) during a tele-lunch today. He says it's a good move and that I should focus on the positive of the opportunity. After reviewing all of the reasons I want to move he said, "It's the FCC rule." I didn't understand what he meant thinking, "This has nothing to do with radio or television!" I asked him to clarify and he said, "Family, Career, & Carlos...the three reasons you want to move." He is soooo right, as he usually is.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home