Purgatory
This morning I was on our monthly global conference call & found out they're already interviewing for the job I put in for. Apparently, they have more experienced candidates (in English that means they already had someone in mind). After the call was over, my boss asked me if I'd called my corporate coach a couple of weeks ago after I asked my boss again about the job. I told him I had and he told me that the corporate director of environmental affairs (the man doing the interviewing) had called him and told him I wasn't up for the job. My boss then proceeded to tell me that Mr. Director feels that I need another plant experience (which probably means moving to
All this came on the heels of Marcelle (my friend from
After we chatted a bit about the spa and planned on going together (I've already got an appointment for the 11th for a massage...all part of my "loving me for Lent" thing), she asked me what was going on with me. She said I've been looking sad & depressed & wanted to know what was going on. I blurted out, "I'm bored! My job is killing me! I haven't had a vacation in a year because I forgot to plan it after Katrina! I hate living here! And Shorty, until recently, hasn't been doing what he's supposed to do! I'm stressed out!" I started crying (with my door open, mind you...thanks a lot Aunt Flow!).
She told me that I really do have her and that I could leave Shorty with her to go on my vacation sooner if that's what it takes. She then told me that when it comes to the job, even though I want a transfer, if I keep up the anxiety & keep pestering folks about the job at corporate, they'll end up putting me in a position I'm not ready for & set me up to fail. She reinforced that I just need to be patient and make the best of things while I'm here and I have her to lean on. With that, I asked her if she'd keep Shorty for me on Saturday night. She said yes.
I want to go out and enjoy my life! I'm still young, and I'd like to meet some new people (that's not going to happen in my living room), and hopefully meet someone I like spending time with while I'm stuck here in purgatory. It's all part of "loving me".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home