Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Branded

I'm currently re-reading a book I read a while back entitled NICE GIRLS DON'T GET THE CORNER OFFICE. One of the mistakes it talks about is not defining your brand, because in business, everyone has one...and it's not just referring to copy machines (Xerox), tissue (Kleenex), or soft drinks (Coke). We as people who are developing our careers have a brand, the question is, what is your brand? The mistake women often make is not defining our brand early enough to sell ourselves to the right people for the right jobs to advance our careers. With that in mind, I've decided to work on clearly defining my brand. This means some habits (and people) are going to have to go. In their place, I'm going to have to adopt some habits (and people) that support the brand I've chosen for myself. I know I'm going to have to do this within the confines of my personality (which is consistently random), but it sure beats the pants off someone else defining me for me (i.e. branding me).

Quote of the Day: People are going to talk about you (whether you like it or not). The question is, what are they going to say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home