Saturday, February 18, 2006

Cancel My Subscription

I've been up since 3 AM. I went to bed at 9 (apparently I don't need 8 hours of sleep anymore) after sending Shorty to bed at the end of "family night". In this week's episode of family night, we made shrimp fried rice for dinner (something Shorty's been wanting to do for a while) and ended up watching Airplane! on one of the hundreds of channels that comes with the cable package I reluctantly subscribed to after Shorty left to live with his dad in 2004. Laughing at that stupid funny movie was just what I needed to destress after a long, hard week at work that ended yesterday afternoon with the beginning of the end of me tolerating Carlos' antics.

I'd stopped by Carlos' area to do a walk through (our plant has had a rash of incidences since Katrina which has made my job 10 times harder) since they're having a maintenance shutdown (which is when many opportunities for incidences surface). As I was signing in, I noticed that both my boss and his boss had just completed a walk through 30 minutes before I got there. I stopped by his office to let him know I wasn't going to do one since that would be doing double work. He said I should do it any way. I said, "It's 4:30 on Friday afternoon, I'm trying to get out of here!" He asked me what I was doing this weekend and followed with, "Are you going out tonight?"

"You ask me that question every week and I always give you the same answer! It's family night! I don't know...I guess we'll be making shrimp fried rice for dinner and maybe watch some NBA stuff since it's All Star weekend." Then the jack@$$ said, "Oh great! What time is dinner?" He then proceeded to pull up the NBA website and peruse the weekend television schedule picking out the things he would want to see...like he'd be doing me a favor by coming over to eat and watch t.v. with us. My answer to him when he asked what time he should come over was, "When you bring flowers!" He asked me what I was talking about (trying to play dumb about the message I left him on Valentine's Day). I said it was something we could talk about later (since his door was open & I didn't want to get into a personal conversation with his subordinates within earshot) and simply reiterated that it was family night, emphasizing family. (which he's not a part of). Thankfully he took the hint and didn't call about dinner.

I've reached a point where I just don't want to be bothered with him trying to insert himself into my personal life. Yes we have to work together (I'm working on getting a transfer) but I've realized that I don't have to have him as another half child in my life! He's a user and I know that, but I don't have to let him use me as a surrogate mother to work out his residual issues from him growing up in a house with a single mother.

Quote of the Day: Cancel my subscription. I don't need any more of your issues!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home