Going, Going, Gone!
I came home this evening with plans to work on my resumé to post for the job at corporate. After cooking dinner for Shorty and watching a little of the Lady Tigers/Lady Vols game with the jack@$$, I headed back to work to get the e-copy of my resumé so I could prepare for my meeting tomorrow afternoon with my plant HR rep when I'm supposed to polish the wording. While I was at my office, I checked on the posting for the job so I could make a copy to tailor my resumé for the position. It was gone!
When I came home and realized that I hadn't printed a copy of the job posting and taken it home, I was a little concerned that I'd waited too long to submit my resumé. I asked Shorty if he'd terribly disappointed if I went back to work to look for it (I think I printed it and filed it in my desk at work) he said he'd prefer if I wait for tomorrow morning and go in early. I'm a little concerned that the job's been filled and I spent too much time this week caught up in other things (raising my child), preventing me from being prepared to put my name in the hat in time.
Instead of freaking out, I'm trusting God. I know that God will move me to where I'm supposed to be when I'm supposed to be there, and if this isn't the job for me, I'm willing to wait for the opening that is. On the flip side, I'm hoping the job posting has been removed because I've expressed interested in it, and knowing I'm going to submit my application, they've decided they don't need to see any more resumés. Either way, I know that in a few months either the job or Shorty & I will be going, going, gone!
Epiphany of the Day: Stay on task, be prepared, and be patient.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home