Something New
I went to see the movie Something New this weekend (a very good movie that I DEFINITELY recommend). I saw so much of myself in it that it inspired me to do something I haven’t done in a very long time…I went shopping! After the movie, I went to the mall and bought myself a couple of pairs of shoes. It took 45 minutes (the most amount of time I can stand to spend shopping), but they’re cute and I’ll be wearing them tomorrow when I go to Baton Rouge yet again for a meeting with our environmental consultant and my permit writer from LDEQ. It’s just the first step (no pun intended) in me going through the transformation I need to go through to become the woman I know I’ve always been meant to be and have the life I know I’ve always been meant to have (married with a daughter and working in a high level corporate job).
On another note, I talked to my boss this afternoon about the open position at corporate. He said he’d talked to my corporate sponsor and they want me to get my resume together, apply for the job, and my boss fully supports me going for it! If I get it, it’ll be the next step I need to move closer to the position I feel fits perfectly with my purpose in life (taking care of this planet and the people who live on it). It’ll also be the “something new” I need to stimulate my mind to keep me from dying intellectually, get Shorty in better schools, and put me in a better pool of men who have husband potential.
Not too long ago I was complaining to my best friend about hating it here in NO. I told her that I just have this feeling that I’ve been here (in this situation) before. She asked me, “Are you in a rut?” I told her, “Yes I am, but I don’t know how long I’m supposed to stay here,” referring to NO. With this potential new job and the changes I’m about to go through in my personal life, I may have found my way out of the rut I’ve been in since Katrina and be on the verge of coming back from the dead.
Quote of the Month: Ruts become graves when you spend too much time in them.
Epiphany of the Week: It’s time for something new.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home