Red, White, & Blue?
I just finished watching the State of the Union address with Shorty. He got to stay up an hour later for it, and I thought it would be a good teaching experience. I want him to start learning about government early, hoping he'll shoot for being a lawyer when he grows up instead of being a history teacher because it's easy.
Listening to Bush, I couldn't help but shake my head a lot. Here he is talking about Americans being addicted to foreign oil...well who's been our pusher?! That's like the drug dealer talkin' smack about a crack head! Really?! And now he wants to say we're going to invest all these dollars into researching & developing other sources of energy. YEAH! And I wouldn't be surprised if he's already invested huge dollars in a company that's going to be producing ethanol or manufacturing wind capturing technology. And all those dollars for social security reform...you know, all that money my parents need right now to live on but don't have...you know, all that money they're banking on to take care of the outrageous health care costs old folks have to manage...all those dollars...where's that coming from?! Is Bush planning on running up more of the deficit for me & my son to pay for because he wanted more change in his pocket from oil (er go, war in Iraq) before he and evil Bush Sr. retire to play golf? I'm just sayin'. Supposedly the tax cuts were going to free up all this money, but I think my check was lost in the mail post-Katrina...I mean, I am black. The good ole US of A certainly hasn't forgotten that!
But, as dutiful american, I'm off to pay my taxes. Can't leave myself open to being threatened with an IRS audit or accused of tax evasion. I might be mistaken for a member of Congress...well, maybe not...I won't take a bribe.
Red, black, & blue is exactly what I'm feeling right now...and THAT'S the state of the union.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home