Superbowl Sunday
Picture it, J-ville, January 28, 1986. The New England Patriots & the Chicago Bears were playing in New Orleans, vying for the Superbowl trophy. I remember it clearly because my sisters and I decided to watch it on t.v. It was the first time we'd ever watched a football game. My oldest sister had just started dating her current husband, and my other two sisters said we needed to know about football to be able to talk to boys because we knew that boys/men liked football. My dad was never really into football, and we didn't have any brothers or male cousins around to teach us . So my sisters and I decided to learn about the game. We learned about offense, defense, quarterbacks, halfbacks, & kicking the pigskin through the goal posts for a safety or a touchdown. Around the same time, I heard on the news that girls who played soccer did better in school. It was then that I knew...one day I'd play soccer & I'd also one day live in New Orleans.
This morning our team played in the last game of the winter soccer season for the title against our biggest rivals (our own little Superbowl), and I scored my first goal which was also the first goal of the game! I was tenacious, tough and awesome, and the game ended in a tie. Playing soccer this winter has been great for my body & mind, but even better for my career. I've been in close social contact with many of the more influential people in our plant, and it's afforded me the opportunity to practice my corporate networking skills. Hopefully it will help me get to the next level and out of New Orleans.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home