Friday, February 03, 2006

Exercising Patience

An environmental management position has opened up at corporate headquarters. My boss mentioned it via email to our group, and people have already started putting their names in the hat. By chance, I ended up having lunch with my boss & a couple of my co-workers today. It was a good lunch and when we returned to work, my boss told us his afternoon was free even though in Outlook it says he’s busy. I took that as a cue and stopped by his office this afternoon. After covering a few minor work things, I broached the subject of the open position. My boss and I talked for a while and he said he’d make a few phone calls to test the waters about me going to corporate to interview for the job while I'm up there on my howdy round.

On another note, I got a call this afternoon from another big M employee who is Kikuyu. We'd emailed several months ago and only spoken on the phone once before, and he asked if I was going to make it to St. Louis any time soon (ironic you say? auspicious is what comes to my mind). He's invited me to join him, his family, and a group of four other corporate big M employees on a trip to Kenya in June. He said they take trips like this periodically, and they're also going to make a pass to India sometime this year (hah! when I grow up....). I told him to keep me in the loop on the arrangements and I'll see if I can work it into the '06 budget.

I've got a feeling things are going to start coming together for all my dreams to come true. I want this, but only if it's God's will. What a difference 8 years makes. When I moved here from Tally Ho, I did what I had to do when I realized I'd jumped out of the frying pan & into the fire. Since I've learned from my mistakes, I'll be patient and only move when God tells me to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home