Ready Or Not
This evening, Shorty & I were watching t.v. while he was talking to me about a girl at school (Kiara) who everyone said liked him. I asked him if he liked her and he said, "Kind of, but not really." I told him it was okay if he liked a girl as a friend. I asked him if he was friends with her and he said, "sort of, but not really." Then he said to me, "I remember when I had my first kiss." Just like that, while I was braiding up my hair for the night, I knew my son was in the midst of puberty.
Later, he came to me and told me he wanted to keep the little cabinet I'd bought to put his baby clothes in when he was born. I asked him why and he said, "For my children, if I ever have any." It's started...and whether I'm ready or not, my son is thinking about parenthood (even though he's not yet 11). I just hope he waits until he's older (like, when I'm at least 50). If not, please God prepare me for young grandmotherhood!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home