Sunday, February 12, 2006

Chocolate Sunday

That's me in fuzzy pink ostrich feather hat! I went to a charity event today for WYES (the local NO public television station) as part of our Red Hat Society chapter's function for the month. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE chocolate (I eat a little bit every day), so when I missed it last year because I was on my way back from Italy, I was disappointed...there was no way I was going to miss it again this year!

The ladies & I strolled around the Omni Royal sampling chocolate in every form imaginable (the white chocolate martinis were my favorite), viewing the different displays of chocolate architecture (see the picture of one culinary artist's design of New Orleans post-Katrina, blue roofs included). I got lots of compliments on my hat and one woman said, "If you weren't wearing that hat I'd snatch it off you and put it on. You look so beautiful! Where did you get it?" "Florence, Italy, " I replied. "It figures!" she said.

I really felt beautiful today! People (both men and women) were looking at me as if I were royalty. When I bought the hat in Florence a year ago (the day before I met Espen in Rome and was finally shown [in his reflection] the worth I'd always had but didn't know until then), I wasn't sure if I'd be able to carry it off, but I knew I just had to have it. Today I demonstrated the self-worth I found on that piazza in Florence. Funny how it took me following my instincts and meeting the whitest man on the planet to finally be appreciated on my own Chocolate Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home