Come To Your Senses
Last Saturday morning, I woke up at 3 AM because I just couldn't sleep. I had a feeling I needed to call my mother, but I did the decent thing and waited until 6 AM. My dad answered the phone (which he doesn't usually do) and told me my mom had been in the hospital since last Thursday. She can't walk and as of this evening, she's still in the hospital. I've offered to go home to FL (where most of the clan lives), but have been told by my mother, father, & sister that it's not necessary. Still, when I heard my other sister (the one with the twins who lives in ATL) would be going down for a planned trip this weekend, I thought it'd be a good time to go. Besides, it'll give me a chance to get out of dodge for Mardi Gras (which I can't stand).
On Sunday, when I mentioned the situation with my mom & my pending trip to FL to Carlos, he did the unthinkable and offered to go with me. I reminded him that I was going to J'ville not ATL (which is where he's from). He said he'd help me drive. I didn't want to be rude and ask him where he was going to stay, but it did cross my mind, "Does he know what he's just offered to do?"
In my life, I've only brought a few men home with me, and I was pretty serious with each of them...hell, I was married to one when I brought him home for the first time. Bringing Carlos home would be like announcing to my family that I'm either engaged to him or soon to be engaged. Either way, he'd never cut the mustard. My brothers-in-law & cousins would be all over him, and if me managed to make it past the Kikuyu mafia, they'd be expecting a dowry & proposal shortly thereafter. I'm hoping that he comes to his senses by Friday because I just can't see showing up at my parents' or sister's home with him considering all that he's done (and hasn't done) over the years we've known each other.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home