Saturday, March 11, 2006

Something Good

I went for my quarterly massage today with Pat, the Indian guy from Raceland (odd things happen down here in South Central LA). After it was over, I was sipping my cucumber water and chatting with him as I relaxed on the couch in the spa.

Pat politely asks, "So, are you still climbing the corporate ladder?"

I replied with my usual sarcasm, "Yes, that's why I'm here. Why do you think the muscles in my neck are so tight? I'm so stressed I'm planning on taking half a day of vacation on Monday just to plan my next vacation!"

Pat inquired with curiosity, "Where are you off to now?"

I casually replied, "Paris, actually."

He quickly said, "Now I'm jealous!"

I immediately said (with a hint of flirtation), "Don't be jealous, just go!"

He cautiously asked, "Are you inviting me to go to Paris with you?"

Now I wasn't really asking him to go with me, but I do treat flirting like a sport, so I decided to run with it. "Sure! Why not?! It's just a trip!"

He proceeded to give all kinds of He's Just Not That Into You excuses as to why he couldn't go, so I let it go. When he finished with the carpet of excuses he said, "Look in front of you." I glanced at the paper on the table in front of me (see above). I was a little taken aback at the irony of the whole situation. He then said, "Something good is going to happen!" I sure hope he's right and it doesn't involve meeting another emotionally unavailable man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home