Monday, July 25, 2005

Financially Retarded

I just finished an efficient conversation with my ex-husband (aka my baby daddy). I had been dreading the weekly co-parenting session after last week's cryfest 2005. I didn't want to hear any more excuses as to why he couldn't up child support payments (that until last fall he hadn't been making consistently) from the $250/mo he's been required to pay since 1997 because of our divorce decree (and hasn't been consistent in paying), to the $400/mo he'd said he would make 4 years ago. It had really irritated me that he is trifling, and I finally realized that I have a child with (and was married to) a trifling "man". Basically, I have one and a half children.

I spent a bit of time today with my tech friend from work. I filled her in on cryfest 2005. After a while, she pointed out something I hadn't considered, "Maybe he's financially retarded." I hadn't thought about it, but yes, he probably is financially retarded. The signs have always been there, but in the naivitee of my youth, I thought he would change if he had my good example before him. I know better now.

I told my tech friend from work that he has 3 chances to get it right, with last week's conversation as shot 1. Tonight's conversation was shot 2. He's agreed to an arrangement that would squash the financial differences between us, and he's got 2 weeks to get it done. Conversation number 3 when I get back is his last shot. After that, he's going the way of the other dudes that have SJA...out to pasture with no hope of coming back to any kind of a relationship with me...and in his case, the risk of finally being recognized by his son for what he is, a financially retarded trifling jack@$$.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home