Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Hardest Part

I've been working on getting my flights changed for Houston from JAX instead of MSY. It's been a frustrating nightmare so far! This added to the lack of information about my plant, trying to decide whether I need to enroll my son in school here or not because I don't know how long we're going to be here, not being able to talk to my friends, eating out for every meal, dealing with my family members & their issues, not to mention not sleeping in my own bed or sitting in my own backyard (wondering if I still have a bed & backyard, as opposed to just a lot where it all used to be). I'm sure my friends who already know they've lost their homes are worse off, and the folks who are still stuck in NO certainly have it worst...I know I'm blessed. The waiting to find out how bad it is, that's the hardest part.

I'm trying to keep it all together, and I appreciate the SO many people (family, friends, friends of family, friends of friends) who are concerned about me & Isaiah, and I'm trying to answer everyone's questions and stay in contact with everyone via the blog, but I'm barely hanging on here...emotionally & mentally. I'm thankful for all the offers to help, but me & God are going to have to work out the mental stress I'm under with not knowing what to do next because I don't know what to expect because I don't know what's going on how bad it is or how long it's going to be that way [I'm taking a breath]. Doing anything would be like admitting this is happening...I guess it's time to take off the Cleopatra crown (you know, Queen of De-Nile).

I'm forging ahead doing the best I can, but most importantly, I'm trusting God. I know my strength comes from Him, I just wish He wouldn't require me to demonstrate so much so soon after getting out of the boat for the first time back in February!

1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger MsJ said...

This is something a special someone told me that I thought I would share with you - just to brighten your day. Someone said this to me when I was particularly fretting about the future. Wait and see!

Seriously, I believe out of this disaster, will come great opportunity for you. God has been preparing you for this all along. I know God is with you and will direct your steps.

One of the things I have always admired about you is your resilience. With God's help, I know you come out stonger and better.

I said all that to say - keep your head up and if ever you need anything, I am here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home