Sunday, September 25, 2005

When September Ends

I like that song by Green Day (and I really try not to like them since that "road" song was so popular). There are some songs that when you hear them for the first time, you just know that they're great. This is one of them. It's so timely, with the war in Iraq, Katrina, and whoever decided to release it just before September should be on the stage with the band when they win a Grammy for song of the year.

"Why song of the year?" you ask. I'm so glad you asked. That gives me the opportunity to tell you. Right now, I feel like saying, "Wake me up when September ends." Not just because my birthday is coming up & October always just feels right to me, but I wish this was all just a really bad dream (kind of like having dinner with my ex-husband in Morocco).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home