Monday, October 17, 2005

Oh Sheila


I met Sheila for dinner at Sake Cafe tonight (she's the exercise physiologist who first inspired me to actually DO something about getting my aerobics certification). We had lots of good laughs while catching up, and she's an inspiration to me again about starting over. She pretty much lost everything thanks to Katrina, and has ended up in Minneapolis. She's decided not to come back to NO for good, even though she's been a lifelong resident. I know Sheila...she's strong, independent, and going to come back from this even better than ever.

When she asked what my plans are, I mentioned that I'm considering taking the job in IA. She would love it if I did...we'd be so close together again. I told her I'm still considering my options. She's really a wonderful person, and if I'm ever wealthy enough to afford her, I'd like to hire her as my personal trainer. She'll probably kick my @$$ again, like she did the first time I walked into her step class years ago...I couldn't get off the floor after stretching at the end! That's when I knew why her license plate read, "Oh Sheila"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home