Monday, October 17, 2005

Recycle, Reduce, Reuse

So much for recycling! I came home this afternoon to start cleaning up my house (it's a mess since I was out of town this weekend & didn't clean up), in preparation for hosting NTT tomorrow evening (you know, Nip/Tuck Tuesdays). Recycling has been canceled indefinitely in St. Charles Parish, so I had to trash all my recyclables. That sucks! Then, I got a link to this article at work, along with my utility bill for my house. They estimated my usage due to Katrina as zero (pretty accurate), but I can only imagine what it's going to be this winter once I start using the heat again. It's no surprise to me that the DOE is so far behind in doing what they're supposed to do. All I know is, people in the US better wake up and smell the environment. This planet's trying to get rid of us because we're abusing it...just ask Wilma!

On a parallel note, I've decide to skip the recycle & reuse portions when it comes to men in my life & focus strictly on the reduce. I just don't want to think about it for a while. My goal is to go a whole year y-chromasome free. I can only imagine what I'll accomplish without the distractions that come along with dealing with the opposite sex. One thing, is my career.

I got an email from an environmental engineer at our sister site in IA. She's literally begging me to take the open job up there. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not. I'm still waiting to hear from my boss since when I asked him about the position last month (after I came back from Katrina), he said it would be more of the same. We'll see. Bonuses & promotions come out next month...that would be the time he'd announce a transfer. I just hope they decide to send me on my merry way or they'll be looking for a new environmental engineer before this time next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home