Do It Afraid

I went to the plant Christmas party last night. I was beautiful, fun, & stunning (as always). I played my role as "the life of the party" to the hilt. It was nice to see Brian "the quiet one" there, especially since he's such an introvert, and I was surprised not to see Carlos there (since that's typically his thing).
A good time was had by all, and I finally decided that I'm going to go after a management position. After several conversations with different co-workers over the last week, I know I'll be good at it. I realized that the only thing that's been holding me back is fear. I've been afraid of failing, afraid that I'm unqualified, afraid that my past would hold me back, and afraid that I'm not viewed as "leadership material". But I know that to get to where I want to be in 20 years (Vice President of Global ES&H for my company), I have to go the management route, and to be a good leader one has to have courage. What I've learned over the years from watching Joyce Meyer every morning is that courage isn't about not being afraid...it's about doing what you know needs to be done while still being afraid.

Do it afraid. I've been doing that ever since I can remember. I guess I'm a leader after all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home