The First Step To Freedom
I've been contemplating adding AdSense to my blog (I've always believed you should find a way to earn money for your hobbies...it's one key to wealth). Kidlet's in his bedroom pretending to be Zorro, and it occurred to me this morning that in just about 7 years he's going to be graduating from high school...I gotta figure out a way to help him with college since his father will probably still be in school at that time (he's been studying to be an architect off and on, oh for the last 15 years). The only reason I haven't added AdSense is I have a real problem with turning my personal life into a profit venue.
I write here because it's a way for me to clear my mind (which is constantly filled with thoughts, ideas, blah blah blah, yada yada woop woop, and other musings), and I almost feel like adding the link would be like selling my soul to the devil (think Angel Heart...great New Year's movie, btw). I guess it's time to get over that! I'm truly pursuing freedom, and that means being my own employer. The big M is a great company and a wonderful stock to hold right now, but I really would like to retire early, and that ain't gonna happen as long as I'm workin' for Massa!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home