Limited Menu
I hate the words "limited menu"! Before Katrina, it never occured to me that those two words together would bother me so much, but since the storm hit I've heard them more than ever before. It started with a simple trip to Sonic. I had a craving for their mozzarella cheese sticks (I have a thing for cheese), so Ify & I were going to stop there before we headed to ATL (I was going for my girlfriend Kim's bridal shower & for a visit with my sister [the one with the tiwns] & her family...Ify was visiting her boyfriend).
We stopped at our local Sonic for lunch before hitting the road, but I absentmindedly ignored the sign taped to the menu posted on the pole. I kept looking past the laminated sign that was posted on the menu, trying to see the mozzarella sticks I'd been craving (thanks a lot Aunt Flow), but Ify kept pushing the taped sign up in front of them. After several times pushing the little red button on the order sign, the attendant finally answered, "Welcome to Sonic, may I take your order?" I told her I wanted the cheese sticks to which the woman replied, "We don't have mozzarella sticks." Ify laughed and said, "That's what I've been trying to tell you! The laminated sign is all they have and mozzarella sticks are not on the menu. They have a limited menu!" Ify exclaimed.
I was disheartened. I was disappointed. I was nearly devastated. "How could they not have mozzarella sticks!" I thought to myself, finally remembering that my current home town had just been hit by a natural disaster two months before. I decided McDonald's would be a better choice to satisfy my unhealthy food craving (and I hate McDonald's) for the mean time, so we headed out. As we ate our lunch, I realized that even though it took a natural disaster to stop me from giving in to my cravings (again, thanks a lot Aunt Flow), a limited menu wasn't such a bad thing. It really has made me appreciate the good that's been put in front of me.
I have a lot of friends, I have a lot of associates, & I have a large family. Even though I'm not famous (and so far from perfect) I appreciate the limited menu of love that God has provided for me...I wouldn't give them back for anything...and I wouldn't be who I am without them.
IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF MY CURRENT BOSS & MY PRAYER PARTNER: (this is a paraphrase on both parts) Freaky friends & crazy family are the people who help you with the problems you only have because they are your [friends &] family.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home