Get To The Bottom Of It
I just got a phone call from one of our area process clerks. After the usually niceties, I said, "What's up?" Janet said, "I have a strange question for you," to which I replied, "there are no strange questions, only strange people." Janet said, "Well, that's what I have...a strange person." She proceeded to tell me that their area had received a sea-tainer (think 20 x 10 x 10 cubic foot metal box, used to ship product internationally by sea), and when they opened it, they found some human waste. She told me this wasn't the first time this has happened and said that when it happened for the first time after Katrina, they'd assumed someone was desperate and pooped in the container. So they got a contractor to dress out in fully protective gear to remove and dispose of it. She then told me that this time the contractor said they weren't doing it. She wanted to know if they could dump it on the ground or something like that.
I asked her where the sea-tainer came from and she said it came from the port of New Orleans. I thought to myself, "I know New Orleans is a sh!tty city, but REALLY??!!" I talked her through where the container originated from and decided that ownership really belonged to the company we rent the sea-tainers from. I said, "Just send it back! I mean, we took this sh!t the first time, we don't have to take this sh!t again! Let them get to the bottom of it!" We both got a good laugh out at my punny comment. Calls like this are a clear sign it's time for me to move on, but at least I can still laugh at my situation.
I came here to clear up my debts (check), and spent the last year and a half getting to the bottom of my emotional issues (check). Now that I've seen the bottom of the container (my heart) and removed the toxic waste (sh!t, was I thinking negatively about myself), it's time for me to move on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home