Saturday, January 07, 2006

Falling Through The Cracks

My boss thinks I'm a slacker. He's thought so since long before he came over to be my supervisor, and it hasn't gotten any better. I'd originally planned to sit down with him in September to lay out all the work I've done in my current position for the last 3 1/2 years, but then Katrina hit and I just wigged out in front of him when I returned to LA after 2 weeks away for the storm. It hasn't improved since then (he does silly things like quiz me on environmental acronyms when I use them...so annoying). He really doesn't think I know what I'm doing! The problem is, I've gotten so good at the day to day (I've pretty much automated everything...the curse of being a gifted computer code writer) that it's boring. The last project I completed (which won a governor's award) was my previous boss' plan to get me out of here. I'm falling through a crack in our plant's management team and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home