J. K. Rowling
My best friend just called to wish me a Happy New Year (she's awesome)! I requested she pray for me to gain the strength and learn how to let go. She said she didn't want to know why (but I could sense that she thinks it has something to do with the king of SJAs) but I told her that it's because I have a tendancy to live in the past (just one of the things I got from my dad) and that I realize now, it's keeping me from having all the things I truly want out of life. She said she will and parenthetically said, "oh, and about the AdSense thing, don't do it! I'll stop reading your blog." I told her it was already bothering me since I feel like I'll be selling my soul to the devil and that I wouldn't do it.
I then went back to my prayer request and explained that part of the reason I've been having writer's block is because I just know this book is going to be successful and make me famous but I didn't want to give up my privacy. I like being able to go to the store dirty, smelly, and with my hair looking like "who did it, what for, and don't do it again", but if I'm famous, I won't be able to do that. After having watched THE NEWLYWEDS with Nick & Jessica, I know I don't want to be tracked down and photographed when I'm trying to just be a normal person. She said I should be fine because if you think about it, "Nobody's stalking J.K. Rowling!" She's right (she usually is, which is why she's so amazing). With that in mind, I'm off to the store and my hair looks a mess (you know, the daily trip), after which I'll spend the evening writing. I've got an amazing novel to work on and I've let go of my fear of being successful. I wonder if J.K. Rowling started off like this?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home