Saturday, January 07, 2006

Social Menopause

I was talking to Serena today about how I'm just not inclined to go out any more. I've been quite happy staying home and writing or reading a good book, especially since Katrina hit town and blew all the black people away (not that that's necessarily a bad thing...the city was filled with tourists and wardies before anyway). With Shorty home, I'm even less inclined to make arrangements for a sitter and leave the house for whatever entertainment the city holds. She said she felt the same.

Last night, Gloria (the not-so-new cost accountant from work) called Serena and asked her to go out. Gloria (being all of 25) still has that thing for wanting to go out. Serena turned her down after Gloria gave up trying to convince her. Serena just wasn't interested in being out with a bunch of 20 something girls being chased by 30 something guys who refuse to grow up. I laughed because Brian and Carlos went out last night after Carlos, Shorty & I finished dinner (the jackass cooked dinner? He's just trying to get the cookies for dessert). Carlos said he'd probably stay out until 1 or 2 and asked what I'd be doing. I said, "Sleeping. Old people need to go to bed early." After relaying this to Serena, she said it sounds like we've hit our social menopause. We're both ready for a new phase in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home