The Apron Strings
My mother called my cell today but didn't leave a message. I knew something was up, so I called her back. We talked for a while and she told me that she thought a lot about our conversation from Sunday night. She told me that she wanted to rescind her request for the Norwegian to call my parents because she realized that it was inappropriate.
I don't know if it was the Power Point presentation I sent her entitled "The Mom-O-Meter" which illustrated the events in my life that created varying levels of anxiety for her and ended with a link to a website that covered anxiety and what it does to children of anxious parents, or if it was her (as she might think) covertly reading my blog, but I am thankful to God! We talked about it for a while, and I reassured her that whatever I share with her about my life is voluntary because I want my family to be involved in my life and to experience the excitement and joy that I feel as I experience it...and I've come here as an adult, fully comfortable with my independence.
Sometimes the best things in life come without us expecting it. I felt such a freedom from her rescinding that request that I can't express my gratefulness enough to God who made it happen in His way! I feel free to hope again...and that includes what may be (or not be) with the Norwegian. All I know is that I will fall asleep tonight with a smile on my face :-), because however it happened, the apron strings have been severed...and all I did was walk in God's will!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home