Busted!
Don't you just love technology?! Naturally, I called my sister & mother to tell them about the great date I had today. When I told my sister about Ricky she said, "What about Norway?!" I said that the Norwegian is recently divorced and needs to get his life together, so in the meantime I'm free to do what I want, which includes dating...why put all your eggs in one basket?!
I told my mom about the date and she went straight to the internet (you gotta love her!). She Googled him and his supposed business. She also did a criminal background check, and checked out his phone number for an address. What were the search results? Nada on the business website, and his home address shows up as an apartment (not unusual for LA...a very expensive place to live). So apparently Ricky (the one on the left) isn't doing as well as he presented himself to be doing.
Oh Ricky, you've got some 'splainin' to do!
The thing about it, I was straight with him from the beginning. I told him that I don't play with my money, and I'm about leaving a legacy (which includes a nice sum of money) for my son and family. I'm just too together for this guy. When are brothers going to learn to stop frontin'?
Ultimately, I'm thankful for my family. They may be like the mafia (without all the illegal activity and murder), but they certainly keep it real for me when I start letting my imagination run wild. When it comes to dating me, men need to know up front, "Posers need not apply." If you're not at least on my level (in any way), you will be found out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home