Sunday, September 25, 2005

Chiuso!




Yeah, that's "closed" in Italian. It's what came to mind last night when I saw this as I was heading home from South Park (local bar in Boutte). I just think back to Rome. The church was closed. Espen (the Norwegian) asked me to go to the Spanish Steps. I wandered around St. Peter's Basillica all day the next day dumbfounded at the experience we had that first night (kind of how I am now as I'm moving through life). Vatican City was closed (they can close the city?), and I was pretty disappointed that I'd travelled halfway around the world to see the Sistine Chapel & it was closed (and I've wanted to see it since I was knee high to a grasshopper and saw THE BREATH OF LIFE in a picture)! But in the end, I found that sculpture I'd spent all week looking for.

Something really good is going to come out of this. I just know it. I just keep thinking, God never closes a door (or a city) without opening a window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home