Monday, October 17, 2005

The H Word(s)

Charlotte just called me to ask me if we (meaning NO) have another hurricane (h-word) headed our way. I told her I'm in denial, although I haven't packed away my hurricane preparedness kit yet. The thought of another hurricane headed my way is more than I think I can bear. I'd like to just spend the next few days as Cleopatra (queen of De-Nial), pretending it's going to turn. I just can't think about it! It's SO more than 5 minutes from now. All I can pray is, "God, whatever Your will, please make sure I have everything I need to make it through. Please provide for me accordingly. And if it be in Your will, please make Wilma into a wimpy storm that does no major damage." I know God has a sense of humor, and I know He sometimes sends His wrath, but DAMN...is He that pissed about the whole wine with dinner thing? Or was it the dancing? I'm going to have to rethink some of my unforgiveness issues...I may have been more High Holy (h-words) in some relationships than I thought I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home