Surrender - Or Not
Carlos called again several times yesterday. At one point in the conversation he mentioned New Year's.
"If you're in Chicago for New Year's, give me a call. I love Chicago!" he said.
"I don't know, Carlos. I don't know that we'll be able to be friends considering everything that's happened," I said, feeling defeated. Had I really been that naive for so long? "It'll be extremely difficult for me."
"Extremely difficult, but not impossible," he said, trying to trump me. "All I'm saying is, if you're in Chicago for New Year's, Marcelle & I will be there. By the way, is she watching the World Cup game at your house tomorrow?"
"Yes," I replied. "Why?"
"Oh great, I'm coming with her then. She mentioned in our staff meeting that she was watching the game locally tomorrow, so I'm coming over."
"Uh, did it ever occur to you that she and I may have had plans?!" I exclaimed.
"Oh, maybe you're right!" he said. "Well, I'm still coming over."
I think it's time I stood up for myself, put my foot down, and told him no. If it takes embarrassing him in front of his boss & one of my closest friends, that may be what I have to do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home