Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Roof, The Roof, The Roof Is

going to be replaced! This afternoon I met with the roof guy my insurance company recommended. His estimate is that I need a whole new roof...and it's going to be covered by my insurance! I was dancing an Irish jig after he told me that! The roof on my house was going to need to be replaced in a few years anyway (taking away from the selling value of my home) but with a new roof and a tight market, I should be able to make a sizeable profit on my home when I sell it in the next year...and it's going to be free to me!

When I was younger and heard, "The roof, the roof, the roof is on", I would finish it with "on fire! We don't need no water let the m.f. burn! Burn, m.f.! Burn!" Now, I have a totally different perspective. When I was a child, the simplest things used to excite me: a new cd, a new doll, new clothes for my doll. Now, the idea of having a new roof over my head (which I so absent-mindedly took for granted as a child) at no cost to me, makes me as happy as I could be. There's no question that I'm an adult now. So this is what 31 looks like.

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shalll see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." - I Corinthians 13: 11-12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home