23rd Psalm

My co-workers & I had fun the other night, giggling and talking like teenage girls. It was a pre-holiday get together which ended with us 3 Nip/Tuck Tuesday's fans glued to the television.
It was nice to be around other young women. It was like being in college again...even though I felt a little old when I was talking about the first 12 inch I heard (Hey We Want Some P*$$y, by 2 Live Crew) and they asked me, "What's a 12 inch?"
Recently I heard that one of key steps to living a long life is having a wide variety of friends. This summer when I asked my great aunt how she's live such a long life and stayed looking so much younger than her chronological age, she told me that she "always needed to know what the kids were doing." I've knocked out two pins in one swoop here...these girls are in their mid-twenties, never married, no kids. It's kind of funny how this has worked out. When I turned 30 last year, I prayed to God for good girlfriends in town. The next day I met Cathy, who introduced me to Serena in November, then in December I met Gloria, then came Ify, then Dionne, and now we've added Emily to the mix. Never mind Marcelle, and Alicia. My cup runneth over. It's nice to know that prayer works!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home