Dear N'J
One of the most painful experiences I've had in life so far was coming home on Friday afternoon at age 21 to an empty trailer (the one my husband and I were living in behind "Big Momma's" house in East St. Louis near the stockyards and around the corner from the local red light district [good Lord I've lived in some crappy places!]) to find a "Dear N'J" letter from my now ex-husband. He'd stolen away with my 16 month old son and my biggest fear was I'd never see him (my son) again, since my now ex-husband had already threatened to hide him from me forever. It didn't help that it was a blazing indication that my marriage was pretty much over. At that time, I thought my value came from my station in life (as opposed to my relationship with God), so I thought I might die inside because my ex-husband didn't value me any more (if he ever did at all). Now I realize it was one of the best things that could have happened to me.
Some say revenge is sweet, but what I learned in DivorceCare is, living well is the best revenge. Comparing our two stations in life over 8 years later, I can laugh at the email below that my girl sent me today. I bet now my ex is wishing he hadn't been quite so hasty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Husband:
I'm writing you this letter to tell you that I'm leaving you for
good.
I've been a good woman to you for seven years and I have nothing to
show for
it.
These last two weeks have been hell. Your boss called to tell me
that you had quit your job today and that was the last straw. Last week, you
came home and didn't notice that I had gotten my hair and nails done,
cooked your favorite meal and even wore a brand new negligee.
You came home and ate in two minutes, and went straight to sleep
after watching the game. You don't tell me you love me anymore, you don't
touch me or anything. Either you're cheating or you don't love me
anymore, whatever the case is, I'm gone.
P.S. If you're trying to find me, don't. Your BROTHER and I are
moving away to West Virginia together! Have a great life!
Your EX-Wife
Dear Ex-Wife
Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. It's true
that you and I have been married for seven years, although a good woman is
a far cry from what you've been. I watch sports so much to try to drown
out your constant nagging. Too bad that doesn't work. I did notice when you
cut off all of your hair last week, the first thing that came to mind was
"You look just like a man!" My mother raised me not to say anything
if you can't say anything nice. When you cooked my favorite meal, you
must have gotten me confused with MY BROTHER, because I stopped eating pork
seven years ago.
I went to sleep on you when you had on that new negligee because the
price tag was still on it. I prayed that it was a coincidence that my
brother had just borrowed fifty dollars from me that morning and your
negligee was $49.99. After all of this, I still loved you and felt that we
could work it out. So when I discovered that I had hit the lotto for ten
million dollars, I quit my job and bought us two tickets to Jamaica. But when
I got home you were gone. Everything happens for a reason I guess. I
hope you have the filling life you always wanted.
My lawyer said with your letter that you wrote, you won't get a dime
from me. So take care.
P.S. I don't know if I ever told you this but Carl, my brother was
born Carla. I hope that's not a problem.
Signed Your Rich As Hell and Free Ex-husband!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home