Apples & Oranges
I put an offer on the beautiful older home this morning but two other offers came in and it went to someone else. That puts be me back between a house that's okay and in an "eh" neighborhood and would require work compared to a less expensive home in a great neighborhood that would require a lot of work, and two condos that are newer, but would likely be difficult to sell.
I'm not sure how long I'm going to be living in IA (I'd originally thought I'd be in NO for 2-3 years which turned into 8) so I'm not sure how to make this decision. The houses would be easier to sell (if you count an average market time of 6 months for housing as easier) and would require work I'm not sure I want to put into them, but the condos are cute & cozy even though I'm not thrilled with the neighborhood for the one that requires less work. Either way, if I'm relocated within the company, they'll buy whatever I own at the time of relocation if I can't sell it myself. The worst case scenario is if I separate from the company and have to sell on my own. Barring that, it's apples and oranges, condos & houses. The condos are cozy and easy (just like apples), while oranges require some work, but are certainly worth it in the end.

1 Comments:
I found your blog by accident. I am supposed to be working, but I am reading your blog. I am really enjoying it. . . I love your writing style.
Ciao
Post a Comment
<< Home