Faces - Old & New
I've just come in from our environmental summit awards dinner. It's been good to spend some time with my future boss & our corp. director of env. affairs outside the office. I'm really getting a feel for their personalities and it gives me an idea of what I'll be working with when I move to IA. In addition, this trip has allowed me to run into some folks I haven't seen for a while. One of which was my partner in crime on my project which has become so successful that I'll be presenting it to a higher up from our facility in Argentina next week (noooo...I'm not going to Argentina, she's coming to LA). I also ran into Chief Pennington, the chief of police for ATL (formerly chief of police for NO). We recognized each other and chatted for a bit (he was speaking at the summit today) and exchanged numbers. He wanted to get together while I'm in town, but I have too much work to do. Instead, I've come back to my room to read email. My announcement came out yesterday and I've already received 30 congratulatory emails! It hasn't really sunk in yet, that in just a few weeks I'll have a new home town...but then again, there's always travel so I can see the faces I haven't seen that I miss...or I can stay home and avoid the ones I didn't care to see while I was living in LA.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home