Whew!
I spent a better part of yesterday running around the Mall of Georgia with Shorty, my sister, her husband, and their children. We sent the bigger Y chromosomes off to some game store while we took the twins with us so I could look for new black work heels (I walked the bottom off my right shoe on my last trip [the interview]). We talked, & walked, & just spent time alone as sisters (something we don't often get to do). We ended up at Barnes & Noble for a while. I picked up a couple of books, with a particular favorite I plan to pass on to a new engineer I'm concerned may quit if he doesn't have more support after I'm gone.
After we got home, I informed Shorty that we'd need to get up early so I could put him back on the plane home to NO. I let him stay up until midnight, which is when he crawled into bed with me. He slept wild, I barely slept at all (much the same as Friday night). I'm still working on sleeping without chemical influence, and it hasn't been easy. My brain continues churning which leads to frequently waking up (like, every 30-45 minutes), and not getting the most restful sleep. The good news is, I can do math in the morning again, which should lead to more productive days at work.
Shorty barely made it to the gate this morning during the boarding process. I was a bit miffed to receive (while I was hustling through the airport with Shorty...which dude knew) yet another call from the guy I met at the airport after the interview last week . He's been trying to catch up with me ever since...but there was something during our second conversation about him joking about us getting married in six months [didn't I just meet you?!] that I didn't find funny. It hasn't helped that he hasn't stopped calling (stalker-potential) since I hit the ground in ATL (his hometown). I'm thinking I'm going to let him down easy when I can pencil that in. I just don't have the energy to wrap up my old job, prepare for my new one, move, figure out what I'm going to do with Shorty for the summer, re-light the fire under my red hot career, while finally & completely recoving from victim of jack@$$ syndrome, all at the same time. This is just Sunday evening, and the word of the week is already, "Whew!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home