Wednesday, May 03, 2006

These Challenging Times

My boss sent me an email this afternoon directing me to go ahead with my "howdy round" travel plans. He tacked a trip to our corporate headquarters on to my trip to ATL next week. Later in the day he stopped by my office to ask if I'd gotten a call from the plant in IA. I told him I hadn't and he replied, "Well, don't tell anybody, but you've got the job." I was happy because I realize they've really picked me! I've been identified as "talent" by my company and this trip to corporate (which includes meeting with the Vice President of Global ESH) is another sign that they are going to put my career on the fast track. I wasn't sure it would happen, but it has!

With that, I came home, called my mother & shared the news (as well as with my prayer partner), had Shorty heat up his dinner in the microwave while I paced the floor of my soon to be on the market home as I thought about everything that needs to be done (note to self, revise travel plans to include the trip to headquarters), and made a mental note to call my old babysitter to move into my house as a nanny while I'm gone next week for my World Tour 2006.

After I returned home from my bellydancing class, I booked Shorty & my flights, scheduled my charitable donation pick up, and praised God that I remembered the other dry cleaning store in town (note to self, drop off dry cleaning tomorrow on the way to my teeth cleaning appointment that had to be rescheduled because of Katrina). When I think of everything I need to have happen in the month of May, I cringe until I remember that I have God to carry me through these challenging times.

QUOTE OF THE YEAR: There must be a special place in heaven for working single black mothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home