All That You Left Behind
As I walk through my home which is now filled with boxes, the memories are starting to come back. The finality of the move is starting to hit me and as Marcelle noted earlier today, I have mixed emotions. I'm excited about the opportunity for change in my life (both professional & personal), and the culture change for Shorty. I'm sad that I've no true friends outside of work to say goodbye to...and maybe only 1 or 2 there. I'm sad that I had to live here through Katrina, but glad that I've have so many good memories from both before & after the storm. I'm saddest of all that I spent so much time in a relationship that was unhealthy for me that it pollutes much of my memories of here. And I'm not sure if there's any way to resolve all those feelings so I don't bring them with me. Either way, tonight is my last night in this house, and I've got to find a way to let the pain be all that I've left behind.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home