Epilogue
I spoke to Carlos last night. He asked how I'm liking IA. I told him I love it here. He said he didn't like it when he lived here because there's not much to do as far as "going out". I told him I outgrew that phase a while back. He said he hadn't been going out much here for a while and then had to recant that when he mentioned his friend's family being in town. He reiterated that IA is just not the place for him. "I know," I said while thinking, "that's one of the reasons I moved here."
I asked if he missed me yet. "Do I miss you? Of course I miss you. You've been gone a while," he replied with a melancholy tone. "It's only been a month," I said. "Has it?" he thought to himself.
I told him I'll be down in NO visiting at the end of next month. He asked specifically which weekend & if there was something going on. I told him there didn't need to be anything going on (uh, didn't I just say I'm over the whole going out thing?!). He asked what I'd be doing & I told him I'd be visiting friends & checking on my friend from Brazil. After a few awkward moments and several long pauses, he was ready to get off the phone. We said our goodbyes and hung up.
With that, I feel completely free of him. Moving to IA has been a very good thing. I'm finally feeling the healing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home